Receiving your support is simple! Just follow the instructions on your DSA2 Letter sent by your funding body. The letter may include information regarding:
- The funding that has been approved
- The contact details of the equipment supplier in order to arrange delivery of any hardware or software recommended within your report
- The contact details of the assistive technology training provider in order to arrange training on the hardware and software.
- The number of hours of training agreed
- The contact details of the selected Non-Medical Helper support
- The number of hours of Non-Medical Helper support agreed
- Other disability-related costs
Click here to see what the DSA2 Letter looks like.
If you are required to pay the £200 contribution towards a new computer, you will be expected to do so before the supplier will release your equipment and software. Please expand the below sections for information on how to arrange your individual allowances.
Specialist Equipment Allowance
Non-Medical Helper Allowance
Please note delivery of your equipment should be within 10 working days of you contacting the supplier and providing confirmation of your funding body approval.
Once arranged with your supplier, you will have your hardware/software delivered and set up. You may also receive training on your software if this has been approved. Training may be either remotely, i.e. online, or in person, depending upon what was considered most suitable for you in the needs assessment report.
You will receive ongoing support throughout this process and be advised of the technical support available should you encounter a problem with any of your equipment.